The governor has cleared us to see our patients for cleanings and we are taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff. We follow all the guidelines given from the following organizations.
CDC WHO OSHA ODA ADA DHS OHA
“Recommended” but not “mandatory” guidelines have been made MANDATORY in our office to ensure the health and safety of our patients including “resting” rooms between patients or families.
Here is our protocol from the moment you arrive until after your leave the office:
- We kindly ask that only the patient or patient with a legal guardian come into the office. All other family members are to remain at home or inside their vehicles or in the atrium.
- Please read the sign on the door which states “DO NOT ENTER if you have any signs or symptoms of Covid-19 OR you have TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19”, most common symptoms include cough, fever and difficulty breathing.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available for you to use once you enter the office. PLEASE USE IT as often as needed especially after touching personal and office objects.
- Front office staff will have proper PPE for screening patients
- You will be asked several screening questions and your temperature and oxygen saturation will be taken upon entering the office.
- When possible, you will be brought back to an operatory immediately after initial screening is complete. If you do have to wait in the waiting room, we ask that you practice social distancing. The waiting room has been modified to encourage these practices. No reading materials or children’s toys will be available during this time.
- Front office will be sanitized as well as all pens, and surfaces between patients.
- We are scheduling patients WITH MORE TIME to encourage social distancing. You get our undivided attention the moment you enter the office! IT’S IMPORTANT YOU HELP US RUN ON TIME BY BEING ON TIME FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT AS WELL AS GIVING US AT LEAST 24HR NOTICE IF YOU CAN’T MAKE IT.
- Rooms and equipment are sanitized and/or sterilized prior to patient entrance.
- Proper staff and patient hand hygiene is enforced
- You will be asked to rinse your mouth with a sanitizing solution for 30 seconds prior to dental exams or treatment.
- Recommended x-rays will be taken.
- An aerosol minimizing intraoral device will be used on all aerosol producing procedures.
- We will be “washing” your tooth with povidone iodine prior to restoring it. Please tell the staff if you have an iodine or shellfish allergy.
- Aerosol minimizing techniques are used including the use of extra high vac-suction.
- Doctor and assistant have proper PPE.
- Proper sanitation and sterilization of the room between patients is conducted.
- Front office is cleaned after a patient checks out
- ROOMS ARE ALLOWED REST between patients to allow aerosols to settle. Also increased contact time with disinfectants will be occurring. Room is marked as “off limits” for that period of time.
- Rooms are cleaned again to remove any aerosols that may have settled over the REST period.
- Staff scrubs and washable PPE are laundered at the office.
- Our office has all necessary PPE to cover weeks of protection.
- We have an action plan if COVID19 starts to rise in our area.
- ILLNESS ARISING FROM THE COVID-19 VIRUS AFFECTS THE LUNGS NEGATIVELY, SO YOU MAY BENEFIT FROM QUITTING A SMOKING HABIT IN ORDER TO GIVE YOU THE BEST CHANCE OF RECOVERING IF YOU SHOULD CONTRACT THE COVID-19 VIRUS. ASK US HOW WE CAN ASSIST YOU IN THE CESSATION EFFORT.